What is a Transfer Certificate & Why it’s Required?

A transfer certificate is one of the essential documents required for a foreign national or a UAE citizen to get admission to any school or college in the UAE.  

The UAE Ministry of Education and KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority) require a transfer certificate to register a student at the correct grade level at a new school in Dubai. 

This blog features about what a transfer certificate is, why it’s required, and other crucial topics linked with a transfer certificate (TC).

Read More: How to Get Educational Certificate Attestation in Dubai? 

What is a Transfer Certificate?

A school transfer certificate is one of the legal documents for schools required to register a child at a school and under the Ministry of External Affairs in the UAE. 

A transfer certificate is also known as a school leaving certificate that points to the details of the students, such as the student’s date of birth, the class, examination board, etc.

What Do We Need a Transfer Certificate?

A transfer certificate/leaving certificate is an essential document a student needs to get admission to one of the best schools in Dubai. Here we have highlighted the reasons when you need a transfer certificate. 

  1. This document is essential for all foreign national students who want to transfer from their native country school to a school in Dubai from grades 2 to 12. 
  1. A transfer certificate is vital for students attending Pre-K, KG1, KG2, and Grade 1 and planning for taking a transfer from one school to another in Dubai.
  1. Students from the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and Western Europe, required transfer certificates with attestation by the Ministry of Education, the UAE Embassy, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to get admission to one of the schools in the UAE.
  1. Students from other GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries need a TC with School Principal’s signature and school stamp and attested by the Ministry of Education where their current school is located. 

How Can You Get a School Transfer Certificate Attestation for UAE?

Transfer certificate attestation services depend on the native country of the student from where he is transferring and his destination country. Here is the attestation for a transfer certificate explained briefly:- 

  • If you are transferring from one school to another in Dubai, you need KHDA TC from a previous/current school. 
  • Except for Dubai, for other Emirates in the UAE, a student needs a transfer certificate in Arabic from his school with a school stamp and signature and attested by the Ministry of Education. 
  • Students from the United States, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, or New Zealand need a transfer certificate with a school stamp and signature for admission to any school in the UAE. 
  • Indian school TC should be attested in Dubai by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), UAE embassy, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA). 
  • For a transfer certificate attestation in Dubai, you can contact SEPL Document Clearing LLC. The MOFA officially authorized the SEPL Group to provide applicants with fast, reliable, and secure document attestation services in Dubai. 

What Is a KHDA Transfer Certificate?

The full form of KHDA is Knowledge and Human Development Authority. KHDA is a Dubai government authority responsible for the growth and maintains the quality of private education in Dubai. 

This government authority supports schools, universities, parents, students, educators, investors, and government partners to follow a high-quality education sector that solely focuses on providing education with happiness and wellbeing.

KHDA authority stamps UAE-issued certificates for use in the UAE. The students who are citizens of the UAE or foreign nationals and want to study in the UAE need KHDA registration. 

Moreover, KHDA registration is a mandatory step to getting an equivalency certificate.

What Does a Transfer Certificate Include?

The following is the information printed on a transfer certificate typed on the school’s original letterhead. A foreign national transfer certificate must be in the English language. 

  • Name of student 
  • Date of birth of the student (dd/mm/yy)
  • Place of birth of the student 
  • Nationality of the student 
  • Last Year / Grade attended 
  • Date of leaving (dd/mm/yy)
  • Passed and Transferred to
  • Currently in Year / Grade – (It is compulsory to mention when a student is transferring to another school in the middle of the year)
  • The curriculum followed, and the examination board. 
  • 12 or 13 Year school system

Signature of Headmaster / Principal/ Director:



Date: (dd/mm/yy)

School stamp:

Validity of a Transfer Certificate

A transfer certificate is valid for a month from its issued date. Within this specified period, a student must submit his attested transfer certificate with the admission form of another school/college in a foreign country to avoid hindrances in the admission process. 

Should I Obtain Attestation in the Original Transfer Certificate or Copy?

The government authorities, Ministry of External Affairs, UAE embassy, and MOFA paste their attestations on an original transfer certificate that confirms the document is authentic and legal.

The process of attestation includes a lot of paperwork and hindrances. To keep this process secure and affordable for applicants, SEPL Group provides end-to-end assistance and completes the attestation procedure in the shortest time. 

Documents Requirements for a Transfer Certificate Attestation in Dubai 

Submit your original transfer certificate, passport copy, and authorization letter to the service center of SEPL group in Dubai and obtain the best attestation services.  

List of Documents Essential to Getting a School Admission in the UAE

1. A school transfer certificate attested 

2. Child’s birth certificate in English or Arabic 

Note – If your original birth certificate is in any other language, translate it into English or Arabic, and take fast, reliable, and secure document translation services from SEPL. 

3. Student’s passport 

4. Student’s parent or legal guardian’s passport 

5. Student passport size photos 

6. Student’s vaccination card and medical record

7. A residence visa for non-UAE nationals 

8. Emirates ID card 

Feel free to contact our team of experts at +971-502447519, +971-528671659, or mail us at for document attestation services in Dubai.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *